PDC CoP Fortnightly Check-in: The Online Graduate Student Orientation Template
From Tim Dalby on July 30th, 2020
Session Title: The Online Graduate Student Orientation Template
Presented by: Alissa Oleck and Ian Muehlenhaus of DCS.
In this session, Alissa Oleck and Ian Muehlenhaus provided an overview of the online Graduate Student Orientation template, which is a collaboration between the Division of Continuing Studies and the Graduate School, and is available to all graduate programs.
The customizable template is designed to help graduate directors and coordinators easily facilitate an online orientation for their existing and incoming students as we adapt to a more restricted face to face environment.
There are two types of module in the Canvas template:
- Modules with campus-wide, general Graduate School information - The content in these modules is fixed and cannot be modified.
- Modules with department or program specific information - The content in these modules can be edited and customized to your individual needs.
- Grad School KB: https://kb.wisc.edu/grad/page.php?id=104712
- Request a Canvas Course: https://uwmadison.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4MYqFyHtdARb8tD
- Find the Templates (UW-Sign in Required): 101 Programs, 131 Programs
- Instructions: 101, 131
- Q&A Compilation
- Ideas on Online Orientation from the Nelson Institute